Matt Bocklet is in his 8th season with the Denver Outlaws (MLL) where he is the team’s all time ground ball leader, a MLL Champion in 2014 & 2016, he also serves as the team’s Captain. He played collegiality at Johns Hopkins University where he won an NCAA Championship in 2007 and was named an All-American in 2008. Matt was recently named Varsity Head Coach at Cherry Creek High School. Previously he spent 6 seasons as the Head Coach at Highlands Ranch High School and was named CHSAA Head Coach of the Year in 2014. Matt founded the DoCo Lacrosse Club in 2011 and has served as their Executive Director during that time.
Youth Lacrosse Director and Marketing Manager
Mark brings his lifetime of business experience to DoCo Lacrosse having run three successful businesses in the Denver area for the last 25 years. Mark believes that a successful lacrosse club begins with the young player. Coaching the younger players in the right way to play will result in a better lacrosse club as a whole. Mark played lacrosse at UC Santa Barbara many years ago (back when youth sports in California didn’t offer lacrosse and most people had never heard of it!) Mark also heads up DoCo Lacrosse Club’s merchandising.
Director of Girls Lacrosse
- Kailah Kempney completed her second season as an assistant coach for the Colorado Buffaloes in 2017. She led them to their first ever NCAA playoff game with a 16-4 record, the best in school history.
- In 2016, Kempney was drafted by the UWLX Women’s Professional Lacrosse League where she led the Boston Storm to the League’s first ever championship game.
- Kempney joined the Storm after playing at Syracuse University where she went to the NCAA final four all four years of her career. She led the Orange to an ACC championship in 2015 and a Big East championship in 2013.
- As Captain for the Orange, Kempney was named an IWLCA All-American and second team all-ACC in 2015. She holds the Syracuse records for single-season and career draw controls.
- Kempney graduated from Syracuse University with a bachelor’s degree in Health and Exercise Science.
- She is a native of Carthage, NY.
David Franklin comes to DoCo from New York City with a wealth of experience as a player, coach and member of the media. Franklin played collegiality at Drew University and then graduated from Emory (MCLA) where he won a 2007 SELC Championship. In 2012, Franklin played both short and long stick midfield for Israel’s National Team in the European Championships. Further, Dave wrote for Inside Lacrosse from 2011-2014 and oversaw college and pro lacrosse content at CBS Sports for seven years.
Varsity Head Coach at Highlands Ranch HS
2X MLL All-Star who was traded to Denver Outlaws in 2016
Forward for Colorado Mammoth of NLL
All American at Fairfield University
While at Fairfield Adams recorded 100 points (68 goals, 32 assists), collected 92 ground balls and forced 27 turnovers.
- NCAA DIII National Champion Cortland State ’09
- NCLL DIII National Champion Cortland State Club ’10
- Highlands Ranch HS JV Head Coach
- 6 Years of youth coaching experience with Fairport (NY)
- Has coached DoCo 2022 & DoCo 2024
- Varsity head coach Monarch High School 2002-present
- 173-84 record, 12 playoff appearances 3 times in the elite 8
- 2012 Northern League Coach of the year
- 2007 Colorado Coach of the year & Foothills League coach of the year
- University of Colorado Midfielder, 3 year starter & captain Junior and Senior year.
- Harriton High School (Philly Metro) midfield, captain, honorable mention all state.
2009 US Lacrosse HS Academic All-American
2 Year Starter at Stevens Institute of Technology
Wheat Ridge HS JV Assistant 2016 – Present
Coach w/ Various Club Programs 2010 – Present
- Has coached DoCo 2021
- Assistant Coach for 2014 & 2016 MLL Champion Denver Outlaws
- Varsity Head Coach at Heritage High School
- Played in the MCLA at UNLV class of 2009
- Two time winner; Jeffco Head Coach of the Year
- 2009 & 2010 Nevada State Champion Coach
- Coaches DoCo’s High School Elite teams
- Colorado Lacrosse “Man of the Year” in 2015
- Colorado High School Coach of the Year (2013 & 2002)
- Centennial League Coach of the year in 2012
- Four state championship appearances and 11 straight playoff appearance
- Over 150 Career wins as High School Head Coach
- HRHS Athletic Director
- Has coached DoCo’s High School Elite teams
Varsity Head Coach at Wheat Ridge High School
President of Storm Youth Lacrosse
Over 10 years experience coaching High School lacrosse
All New England Rookie of the Year
Ivy League Champion 2010
2X All Ivy and All New England
Former Denver Outlaws LSM 2013-2015
Varsity Head Coach at Dakota Ridge HS, 2017-Present
University of Central Florida Head Coach 2013-2016 (2x SELC Quarterfinalist)
Rollins College Assistant Women’s Coach 2010-2012 (NCAA Semifinalist 2011)
Lake Brantley HS Assistant Varsity Coach 2009-2012 (1x State Finalist, 2x State Semifinalist)
University of Central Florida Team Captain & President 2002-2004 (2004 SELC Finalist)
Started playing when cat gut side walls and wooden crosses were still in style
Co-captain Middlebury Lacrosse team 1981– Back when the Larry Bird look was still in style (short shorts and high socks – see attached)
Have coached youth and high school lacrosse for over ten years.
Still playing Grand Masters lacrosse which is one of the many great things about this game & the lacrosse community
1994 graduate of St. Anthony’s (NY) H.S.: Long Island Catholic league champions
1995-1998: 4 year player at Salisbury: DIII National Champions 1995; 57 – 5 record during collegiate career; Captain 1998 & recipient of Charles Clarke team award for “being a coach on the field”;
1999: assistant coach for Salisbury during DIII National Championship season. Helped with scouting and recruiting in addition to on-field duties
2000: Head coach at Colorado Academy and director of summer lacrosse camp / 2001 Assistant coach at Denver East High School
1992 HS All-American
1990, 1991 & 1992 Colorado HS All-state team
1993-2000 Coach at Smoky Hill high school, Made playoffs every year & won 4 consecutive state championships
1994-2005 CWLA lacrosse referee
2002-2004 Coached youth for Cherry Creek
Mike brings over 10 years of coaching experience to DoCo.
Played at Arapahoe High School and graduated in 1999.
Attended the University of Denver where he played club lacrosse.
Arapahoe High School Assistant Varsity Coach, 2004-2006
Arapahoe High School Head JV Coach, 2009-2013
Played at the University of New Hampshire
Coach, Highlands Ranch HS
Former Varsity Assistant at Harrison HS (NY)
Former JV Head Coach at Mamaronack HS (NY)
Retired Head Coach of Wheat Ridge High School
4A State Champion & Head Coach of the year in 2013
2x State Champion & All-State Midfielder in 1993 & ’94
18 years as Head Coach of Wheat Ridge (13 seasons) & Golden HS (5 seasons)
Columbine lacrosse Asst coach 2015-present
2016 colorado 5A Asst coach of year
Former Chatfield Head Coach 2009-2011
2006 DIII National Champion @ Cortland State
Two-time Div 3 All American Attackman
Varsity Head Coach at Ralston Valley High School, 2017-Present
Former Varsity Head Coach at Praire View High School
Former Varsity Assistant at Chenango Forks in Upstate NY
Played Division III at SUNY Oneonta in Upstate NY
First Team Section IV All-Star Midfielder at Whitney Point HS in Upstate NY
Head Coach of the Semi-Pro Parker Rangers, Men’s Sr. A, 2 time RBLL Champions (2016-Present)
Varsity Offensive Coordinator, Highlands Ranch HS (2016-present)
Former Assistant Offensive Coordinator at Arapahoe HS
Forward on CILL Champion Colorado Sabretooths
Played attack at St. Andrews University
Assistant Head Coach of the 2016 Colorado U11 Red Level State Champions
Has coached DoCo 2020 and has been with DoCo 2023 Red since the beginning
Played and graduated from Arapahoe High School
All-American at Metro State
Arapahoe JV coach 2012-2014
Chaparral Varsity Defensive Coach- 2015-present
Defenseman at Division I Butler University
Played Semi Pro indoor for the Colorado Sabertooths
Previously coached DoCo 2017 that has 14 College Commits
Youth Spring coach with DLC
Has coached DoCo’s High School Elite teams as well as DoCo 2022
Played defense at the University of Colorado at Boulder
-4 Year Captain
-4 Year Starter
-Led CU to their first ever NCAA tournament appearance in 2017
-MPSF All Academic Team
Defenseman at DIII powerhouse Cortland State ’81
Varsity Assistant Coach at Highlands Ranch HS
24 years of coaching experience (13 youth & 11 HS)
43 years (and counting) experience as a player
Varsity Head Coach at Columbine High School
Former assistant with Legend, Trinity-Pawling (NY – National Top 25), Fairfax (VA)
Defenseman at Div. III Ohio Wesleyan University
3X 1st team All-Conference at University of Montana (MCLA)
Forward for Calgary Mountaineers (Canadian Sr. Box)
Played MIAA A Conference lacrosse in Baltimore, MD.
Played Division I lacrosse at Bucknell University.
Won the Patriot League championship in 1996, ranked 9th in the nation.
Earned Bucknell’s male scholar athlete of the year.
Earned Patriot League scholar athlete of the year for lacrosse.
In 6 years of coaching youth lacrosse, led teams to 4 championship games and 4 other semifinal appearances.
Certified as a level 1 and level 2 field coach by US Lacrosse, level 1 box coach by USBOXLA, and level 1 by the Positive Coaching Alliance.
Played football for CU on the National Championship team
Coached Red level for Storm for 4 years
Voted Youth coach of the year in 2014
Served as Youth Director for Wild and Storm for last 5 years
CYLA Executive Committee
WRHS JV coach
Midfielder at Limestone College from 2002-2005
2002 NCAA Division II National Champion
2005 Team Captain
2 Years Assistant Coach – CMD U18 Lacrosse Club, MD